Use high frequency drilling data to drive better decisions
Tatsoft Rig Monitoring, Tatsoft RM, collects real-time data from Rigs, on-shore or off-shore locations, connecting with your existing field EDR or directly with the Control Systems, providing a local interface at the Rig and replicating the data to central offices, where it manages the archiving to your long-term data storage, such as OSIsoft PI, Microsoft Azure, Splunk or others.
Tatsoft provides a platform to integrate real-time analytics at the rig or central office, providing uniform source for the raw data, the results from the algorithms created by your own internal team or third-party providers, and saved to long-term storage and presented using Tatsoft rich data visualization tools, built-in in an open rapid development platform. Our storage-independent architecture allows you to easily integrate the data acquired with your various analytics, operations and engineering applications.
Tatsoft also provides applications to centralize monitoring distributed production assets, with ESRI maps, real-time weather overlay, real-time status of key field variables, advanced trend charts and annotations tool, event notification, with extensive customization capabilities.
Have your own EDR (Electronic Drilling Recorder)
Tatsoft RM tackles all of the main challenges faced today to deliver a solution that allows you complete control over your drilling data: from acquisition to storage and analysis.
- Some of the benefits of using Tatsoft RM include:
- Reliable data in real time
- Ownership of data
- Improved visualization of data
- Built-in storage at Rig site for local visualization and atomic store and forward
- No data loss, when Rig is offline from Central office
- Connection with Well planning tools
- Integration with analytical tools and event detection
- Drilling efficiency monitoring
- Built-in Depth calculation and plotting
- Torque and drag, cross-plots, survey displays
- Comparing variables with offset wells
- Support for batch drilling operation
- Smart alerts and alarms
- LAS and CSV Import and Exporting
- Open and extensible application
Why Tatsoft RM is Different
Currently, industry leaders offer EDRs (Electronic Drilling Recorder) with many common limitations between them:
- Daily Cost to acquire data, plus cost to store data on server
- Set Design, No Flexibility
- 1-10 second data
- Fixed storage options and closed platform
- Lack of real-time analytics integration
Tatsoft RM was created in top of Tatsoft FactoryStudio, therefore it is an open and extensible application. All user displays, real-time calculations, and storage and analytics integrations are open and customizable.
Failure to show the data’s true variation and data-time signify problems for data consistency and reliability. To enhance the legacy EDR data collection methods, Tatsoft provides an additional data feed from the rig PLC and control systems, capable of 10hz data output in real time. Tatsoft RM supports data acquisition from WITS0, WITSML, Omron PLC’s, ControlLogix PLC, and various other field controls systems and sensors.
Enhancement in Data Reliability while keeping your current field EDR is a game-changer.
Just connect Tatsoft RM to your EDR, and you may even keep the data acquisition rate from 1 to 5 seconds. Tatsoft RM will align time-stamps and perform depth or any other real-time calculation, using standard, open and verifiable methods. Much more reliable data – with no rip and replace!
Completely Integrated Solution
Our goal is to enable you to make better, faster, data-informed strategic decisions, using real-time data. Tatsoft RM empowers you to increase efficiency, improve performance and drive down well costs.
FactoryStudio’s features include:
- Preset Operational Screens
- Time and Depth View
- Active-Directory and LDAP integration
- Access restrict by well
- Thin-client deployment (server installation only)
- Mobile access and Interne DMZ gateway
- Custom Traces
- WITS and High Speed
- Operator Comments and Annotations
- Cross-plot, Torque and Draft, 3d wellbore
- Custom Features
- Custom Horizontal and Vertical Traces
- Real Time Rig State Detection
- Toolface Rosebud Chart
- Mud Logging and formation plots
- LAS Import/CSV Export
- Send Screenshot to corporate emails
- Up to 24 Traces viewable per page
- Comparison between current well and closest offset
- Ability to add formation tops
- Offset well adjustment
Days Vs. Depth and On-Bottom Drilling Hours
- Plot current well against up to 9 offset wells
Wellbore 3d view
In order to increase accuracy, instead of using the Depth channels from the EDR, Tatsoft RM created the depth data real-time calculation directly from the TIME channels, available on the Rig EDR or directly from the PLC control systems.
Basic rig-states such as Drilling, On Bottom, ROP (Rate of Penetration), MSE, are calculated in real-time and included in the archives. Integration with your own rig state engine calculation is available, as well integration with third-party rig-states and analytics engines.
Tatsoft RM is the data hub providing consistent real-time data for analytic algorithms. Application cases include integration with analytics created in Microsoft .NET, Python and Java.
Tatsoft provides a reliable and easy to deploy platform to do the data acquisition, data flow from Rigs to central office to archives, security model for users and data, time-stamp and data quality aligning, graphical visualization and API (Application program Interface) to external analytics.
This software infra-structure provided by Tatsoft allows the data analytics can focus on the algorithms engines itself, not having to deal with the peripheral tasks of data gathering, archiving or visualization. Tatsoft RM is being used with the various analytics platforms standardized by our end-users.
One of Analytics tools with close integration with Tatsoft RM is Intellicess Sentinel RT
Sentinel RT™ is an A.I. backend engine able to perform real-time streaming-data analysis at the rig or in the office. Sentinel RT™ is a highly sophisticated data-cleansing algorithm built upon platform technology that uses a Bayesian network to differentiate between sensor and process faults in complex systems.
Tatsoft RM application has built-in displays and logic, to allow integration with Sentinel RT, to add the following functionality:
- Advanced Rig State detection
- Consume Wellview XML data on BGA’s, casing, surveys, formations to real-time models
- Real time event detection
- Washout in Drill string and/or Pump
- Kick & Ballooning
- Bit Balling & Bit Bounce
- Drilling Dysfunction (Stick Slip and Whirl)
- Overpull and Underpull
- Drilling Efficiency in Real-Time
- Use of Equations and real time data to calculate Stick Slip index and Bit aggressiveness*
Tatsoft RM has a secure and easy deployment model. On the corporate network, use the Active-Directory or LDAP groups to define which users can access each Well, and the installation is in one server computer. As a result, the users and operators don’t need any install in their computers, just the URL link to the server.
For mobile applications, in order to enhance security and performance, Tatsoft has a native iOS application for iPhones and iPads, which will work with the same LDAP groups from your office or use validation. Furthermore, an Application Gateway adds another lawyer of security, so only the allowed parts of the data is made available to registered users on the Internet domain.
Well Real-time data Aggregation and ESP Assets monitoring
Deep-sea Offshore Drilling
Rig data real-time acquisition to the Cloud
TATSOFT is a premier Platform Developer for real-time data monitoring, SCADA and HMI System, Distributed Data Aggregation and Advanced visualization tools. Tatsoft’s core product, FactorySudio combines OT and IT technologies to create a state-of-the-art platform to develop solutions for real-time decision-making systems and Situational Awareness Projects, from he plant floor to the executive level.
To learn more about other Tatsoft solutions and FactorySudio visit www.tatsoft.com
Get in Touch
Phone: +1 (855) TAT-SOFT (828-7638)
2929 Allen Parkway Ste 200
Houston, TX 77019
1225 Northridge Rd
Dixon, IL 61021
2 Embarcadero Center, 8th floor
San Francisco, CA 94111